Tuesday, January 30, 2007

How Did Those Women Do It?

Seriously... how did women 100 years ago manage to keep a home looking good, keep the kids fed, keep everyone in clean clothes, etc.? How??? Surely busy toddlers existed back then? Is that why the infant/small child mortality rate was so high back in the day - because of busy kiddos doing themselves in while mom slaved away?

Wonder Boy is a tornadic ball of energy, destroying most of what lies in his path. It is useless to clean or declutter with him nearby. And then there's the dog. These days she is consistently planting herself about 4" from my feet at all times. At least I am now remembering to look before moving my feet - she's going to be the death of me. But I really do wonder just how I am supposed to get my home in order and keep it decent these days.

No comments: