Thursday, December 7, 2006

Frequent night feedings are not conducive to clear daytime thinking.

The post partum time in a woman's life can be a blur. This morning is a perfect case in point.

I took advantage of a delay in my husband's morning schedule to dash upstairs and get dressed for my day. Let's just say that frequent night feedings are not conducive to clear daytime thinking - I realize this is not news to anyone, but I feel the need to post this as a public service. What is so difficult about dressing oneself? It's not rocket science. But it does require a certain presence of mind. My mind was still abed... I placed my disposable breast pads in the laundry and threw away my socks.

Note to self: Do not attempt to cook today lest you throw away the food and bake the dishtowels.

No comments: