Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Biopsies are Not for Sissies

Biopsies rot. Talk about no fun. Yesterday I had a "fine needle aspiration biopsy" of my thyroid (Adventures in Hyperthyroidism is a whole 'nother post for another day) - which is a fancy way of saying that a doctor gets to repeatedly attack your throat with a needle. Ok. Ok. It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't fun. There's nothing like being told you can't swallow and then having a needle stuck in your throat and jiggled around... and, oh! not enough cells? Let's do it again.

My favorite part was waiting on my gurney in the hall outside of the ultrasound department. Another bed was parked next to mine and there we sat for a good 10 minutes. My eyes kept drifting to the sign clearly posted on the wall: Keep This Area Clear According To Fire Code. Um....

At least the ride to and from outpatient admissions was fun.

No comments: