Thursday, December 7, 2006

Dumpster Diving At Home 101

Nothing like a typical Wonder Boy adventure to start this blog.

Today I was checking posts on one of my favorite forums. The Mystery Baby was napping and Wonder Boy was playing quietly... a little too quietly. I went in search for him and found him in the kitchen - covered in honey butter.

Now, the problem with this is not so much the mess - it's that the honey butter smeared all over his face, hands and clothes was found in the garbage! My beloved, our Fearless Leader, had brought home a dozen rolls from The Texas Roadhouse several nights ago. Honey butter isn't a big hit around here, so it got pitched. I didn't think to snap a picture of the Butterball until it was too late - I had cleaned him up.

What does this say about my parenting? Maybe I should serve a more timely lunch to keep my kid from foraging on his own. Something to think about.

No comments: