Sunday, November 4, 2007

Naps Are Eeeeeeevil

Whatever you do, do NOT allow your Wonder Children to nap. Ever.

Yesterday Our Fearless Leader sent me off for a mid-day shopping escapade with the Quilting Bee (that would be my mother). The Quilting Bee and I had a grand time gallavanting about the mall - a place I've not set foot in for at least a year or so. When I called to ask the older children to be ready to head out the door for Mass upon my return home, I heard that Wonder Boy had fallen asleep, snuggled up to Our Fearless Leader. It was just a 30 minute nap.

Bedtime just didn't come soon enough after that. Wonder Boy took the nap and a Wild, Fussy Beast woke up in his stead. Unfortunately for me, the mall closes at 9pm... I might have run away if given the opportunity.

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

We have the same issue at our house. And after the short, grump-making nap, they never want to go back to bed. B.B. has been known to stay up 3 hours past bedtime after a 30 minute nap. Ugh.